Emergency Food Network’s mission is to “Provide Pierce County with a consistent, diverse and nutritious food supply so that no one goes hungry.” We are committed through strategic partnerships that our neighbors will have access to food; what, where and when they need it. In 2015, with a budget of just over $2,000,000, we distributed $21,000,000 worth of food. Our staff of 19, our Board of 17, and more than 2,700 volunteers are committed to social equity and community-building. We are actively seeking candidates with diverse backgrounds who hold a deep orientation and commitment to making a difference in the fight against hunger.
Emergency Food Network is seeking an experienced Events Coordinator who will have primary responsibility for overseeing events and executing plans based on the strategic initiatives of the organization. This includes planning, coordination and implementation of all aspects of patron and donor related events, including a major annual fundraising auction and a new county wide Hunger Walk.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL BE:
- A collaborative and resourceful person who can deliver measurable results and is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Nice to others
- In search of a professional home
- A passionate advocate for access to nutritious food as a key social justice strategy
- Collaborate with the Deputy Director and Event Contractor to vision and plan the annual auction (400 guests, 2015 net $350,000). Coordinate with auction committee, work inter-departmentally and oversee aspects of the event.
- Oversee planning logistics of patron-related events, including but not limited to: Signature Events – Empty Bowls, Breaking Hunger and Hunger Walk (new in 2017). Donor events – Recognition Breakfast as well as 3rd party fundraisers.
- Work with Development Team to track event participation in Donor Perfect.
- Work closely with Development Team and the Board designated event chairs and relevant staff as required.
- Create event progress reports and final reports as needed and assist with post-event analysis to inform future event improvement and growth.
- Secure and maintain relationships with in-kind donors as needed.
- Track in Donor Perfect all donated items.
- Collaborate with Development Team to maximize sponsorship dollars and in-kind potential.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communication to ensure that all print/digital collateral related to events aligns with event themes as well as manage related print/digital timelines.
EMERGENCY FOOD NETWORK IS LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO:
- Brings special event experience (development/fundraising event experience preferred)
- Demonstrated experience in event concept and design
- Demonstrated ability to budget and manage income and expenses to meet net revenue goals
- Demonstrated ability of superior time-management and prioritization skills
- Is flexible and enjoys working in a diverse, entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment with passionate, talented and committed people
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to organize work and set appropriate priorities
- Strong networks in Pierce County (preferred)
- Has the ability to take initiative, work independently and collaboratively as needed
- Will work nights and weekends when needed
- Strong and effective oral and written communications and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Windows-based computer software, donor database systems (Donor Perfect), Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must be willing and able to travel via automobile and have a valid driver’s license
Salary DOQ; generous benefits package.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Events Coordinator Applicant.