The annual Pierce County Hunger Walk brings together hundreds of people with one common goal, to raise money to feed our neighbors in need.
After 36 years, this year marks the last year Associated Ministries will host the event as they pass the torch to Emergency Food Network to carry on this important work for years to come.
Associated Ministries and Emergency Food Network have come together to provide a fun and rewarding experience for walkers and runners on Sunday, October 2. Participants will enjoy a picturesque course at Fort Steilacoom Park, food, live entertainment, vendors, activities for the kids, and more!
To register for the Hunger Walk or for more information visit www.associatedministries.org/hungerwalk2016
Click here to view the full issue of The Feed: September 2016 eNews
In this issue: Helping Neighbors One Refreshing Cup at a Time!, Pierce County Hunger Walk, Restaurant Takeover at E9, Mother Earth Farm Update, Thank You to These Wonderful Groups, Volunteers of the Month, Generous Support
Click here to view the full issue of The Feed: August 2016 eNews
In this issue: Mother Earth Farm Update, Food Drive Response, Great Brews, Pizza, and New Friends, Volunteers of the Month, Generous Support
Emergency Food Network’s Mission is to “Provide Pierce County with a consistent, diverse and nutritious food supply so that no one goes hungry.” We are committed through strategic partnerships that our neighbors will have access to food; what, where and when they need it. In 2015, with a budget of just over $2,000,000, we distributed $21,000,000 worth of food. Our staff of 19, our Board of 17, and more than 2,700 volunteers are committed to social equity and community-building. We are actively seeking candidates with diverse backgrounds who hold a deep orientation and commitment to making a difference in the fight against hunger.
Emergency Food Network is seeking an experienced leader to work closely with the Executive Director to provide strategic direction and management of our fund development department and key programmatic initiatives as we grow our organizational capacity. The Deputy Director will be a mission-focused, strategic and process-minded leader with experience leading a high performance staff team.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL BE:
- A collaborative and resourceful leader who can deliver measurable results and is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- A strategic thinker committed to continual learning, growth and innovation
- In search of a professional home with long-term leadership growth opportunities
- A passionate advocate for access to nutritious food as a key social justice strategy
Organizational Leadership (20 – 30%):
- Partner with Executive Director on institutional priorities, organizational culture development, and long-range planning.
- Provide staff support to the Board of Directors.
- Lead a collaborative process with the Executive Director, Board of Directors and its committees, support the board to perform and lead with confidence, execute decisions effectively and ensure that the Executive Director, Board and its committees are informed of critical developments in a timely and effective manner.
- Advance deep understanding of Emergency Food Network’s vision and programs among staff, Board of Directors, donors and key volunteers, and work collaboratively with them to integrate fund development strategies throughout the organization. Enhance board members’ ability to identify fundraising opportunities and encourage and support their ongoing participation as donors and solicitors.
- Generate, analyze and present regular updates to the Executive Director and to the Board of Directors on fundraising progress and create special reports as needed.
- Staff the Board of Directors Development Committee and other ad-hoc committees as needed.
- Support organization’s strategic and annual planning effort. Serve on the organization’s leadership team and build cross-organizational relationships and support for development efforts.
- Represent the agency as a key spokesperson in the community.
- Stand in for Executive Director.
Fund Development (60 – 70%):
- Manage a fund development team to develop and achieve fund development goals including growth of individual, corporate, government, and foundation giving strategies
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, develop and implement a comprehensive, strategic fundraising plan with specific measurables that will enable Emergency Food Network to meet its future goals.
- Initiate, cultivate, manage, and steward relationships with the organization’s portfolio of individual, foundation and corporate supporters.
Identify, research, and investigate new opportunities for funding from a wide variety of philanthropic and individual sources to expand Emergency Food Network’s donor base.
- Build and refine operational and technological infrastructure to maximize the potential of the development department, with a particular focus on leveraging Donor Perfect for pipeline management and donor cultivation.
SPECIAL INITIATIVES (10%):
Manage development of key strategic and capital initiatives including our current Capacity Building Campaign.
EMERGENCY FOOD NETWORK IS LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO:
- Brings 4+ years of experience as a senior organizational leader including staff management, strategic planning and Board interface in a non-profit or comparable setting
- Has extensive fund development experience with an emphasis on expanding individual and corporate giving strategies as well as foundation and government funding
- Brings leadership experience in marketing and communication
Is flexible and enjoys working in a diverse, entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment with passionate, talented and committed people
- Effectively delegates and avoids micromanagement
- Maintains Strong networks in Pierce County (preferred)
- Has the ability to take initiative, work independently and collaboratively as needed
- Will work nights and weekends when needed
Salary DOQ; generous benefits package.
Please send resume to Helen McGovern-Pilant email@example.com.
Emergency Food Network is seeking an experienced, self-driven Office Coordinator who excels in customer service and attention to detail while in a fast paced environment.
The Office Coordinator staffs the front desk, providing customer service to incoming guests, answering phone calls and maintaining calendars and e-mail correspondence. The position assists the Executive Director, Director of Development, and Director of Finance and Administration, holding general responsibility for office operations and supplies, daily processing and recording of donations, inputting donor and financial data into the Donor Management database, correspondence with donors, and various reporting and support for senior staff and board. The position may also give assistance to short-term student interns from various job training programs working at the reception desk area.
The Office Coordinator also assists the Development department in event planning and communications, represents EFN at public fundraising events by staffing information tables and providing logistical support, and upholds the friendly and welcoming culture of EFN.
- Self-directed and thrives in a results oriented environment
- Possess a strong work ethic
- Ability to multitask and comfortable with frequent interruptions
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, & Internet
- Must attend EFN fundraising events to manage registration about 6-8 times per year, some events may occur outside of regular business hours
- Preference given to candidates who have experience with Donor Perfect or other donor database systems
- Proficient writer and proof reader
- Able to quickly and accurately process gift entry and adhere to money handling policy and gift acknowledgement standards
- Maintain strict confidentiality with donation and personal information records
- Basic understanding of accounting processes
- Attention to detail and adept in the anticipating needs of the team
- Preferred experience working with volunteers and familiarity with nonprofit organizations
- Have a passion for service to the community and the mission of Emergency Food Network
40 Hours, M-F, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Hourly position- $15.00hr with benefits
How to apply:
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday July 27, 2016, and reference Office Coordinator Applicant.