Emergency Food Network’s mission is to “Provide Pierce County with a consistent, diverse and nutritious food supply so that no person goes hungry.” We are committed through strategic partnerships that our neighbors will have access to food; what, where and when they need it. In 2015, with a budget of just over $2,000,000, we distributed $21,000,000 worth of food. Our staff of 21, our Board of 17, and more than 2,700 volunteers are committed to social equity and community-building. We are actively seeking candidates with diverse backgrounds who hold a deep orientation and commitment to making a difference in the fight against hunger.
Assist the Partner Program Manager: Inventory management including data entry and physical inventories, filing and light accounting, process food orders, complete reporting requirements, create and maintain workbooks and spreadsheets, enter sales and item receipts, assist with federal/state and local reports, financial and accounting assistance. Position will be required to back up the Partner Program Manager when needed.
Assist the Volunteer Coordinator: Oversee DSHS trainee program and assist with data entry, as available.
Duties (Partner Programs):
- Maintain inventory balances through QuickBooks data entry.
- Monitors and maintains commodity and client information in MS Excel/Access Data Base
- Provides information to internal and external customers.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning appointments
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Assist with and/or perform physical inventory of the warehouse
- Maintain and Update Food Bank/Meal Site Referral Directory (Publisher)
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Duties (Volunteer Programs)
- Interview and review paperwork with potential warehouse and administrative DSHS clients.
- Monitor client attendance and communicate client absences to caseworkers.
- Submit bi-monthly evaluations and timecards for each client.
- Enter client information and document hours in Donor Perfect.
- Work closely with front office and warehouse staff to ensure client is benefiting from our training program.
- Assist with data entry (i.e. volunteer applications, hours) in Donor Perfect.
Skills/Qualifications: Must be extremely reliable/punctual/excellent work ethic.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Access.
- Accuracy in data entry a must
- Excellent customer services skills
- Self-motivated, quick learner, willing to think and work outside the box
- Able to work independently as well as a member of a team
- Able to work in office environment, warehouse, and off site at food program locations.
Full-Time, $15.00/hr; generous benefits package.
For more information about Emergency Food Network, please visit our website www.efoodnet.org
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.