Adopt-a-Row at EFN’s Mother Earth Farm! Groups, businesses, friends, school groups, clubs, churches, neighborhood associations, youth organizations, or even large families can Adopt-a-Row.
Volunteers experience the whole growing process on a bed of soil reserved just for them! They help plant seeds in the spring, tend the rows in the summer, and then harvest the bounty in the fall. Each group grows roughly 2,000 pounds of organic vegetables that is given to neighbors in need through EFN’s food pantry partners.
- Groups will be responsible for tending 3 rows between March and September.
- Row visits should have between 10 and 15 volunteers per session.
- Groups need to tend to their rows 1-2 times per month and attend a Saturday orientation in March.
- A personalized sign with the company or group name placed at your row.
- Features in EFN’s eNewsletter, social media posts, website, and annual report.
- Pictures and progress reports on your adopted rows to share with family and friends.
- An official adoption certificate.
- Spring Planting: Attend a half-day session in March for an orientation and seeding and then once in April to plant your veggies.
- Summer Maintenance: Between May – September come out to weed your rows twice a month on the 1st/3rd or 2nd/4th weeks of the month. Fridays and Saturdays are available. Sessions are scheduled from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm and 12:30 – 3:30 pm.
- Fall Harvest: Bring all of your volunteers out to harvest your crop. At the end of the season, we will celebrate with a picnic provided by EFN!
Check out photos of the 2017 Adopt-a-Row to see the meaningfully fun times we had in the dirt last season.
To learn more, please contact our Coordinator of Volunteer Activities at (253) 584-1040 or email email@example.com.