Does a stroll through in the park sound like a great way to spend your Saturday morning? At the Hunger Walk & 5K Run you can enjoy a morning of beautiful lake views and help your neighbors in need at the same time.
On May 5, Emergency Food Network is hosting the Hunger Walk & 5K Run at Fort Steilacoom Park in Lakewood. Participants in this 38th annual event will walk around Waughop Lake or run in a chip-timed 5K. Family-friendly activities and live music are also provided at the start/finish line.
More info and registration details on the Hunger Walk & 5K Run page!
Volunteers are needed at the Hunger Walk & 5K Run on Saturday, May 5 to help with everything from setting up the route to cheering runners on. Positions are available for individuals, groups, and youth ages 9 and up! Learn more about how you can lend a hand by checking out the volunteer descriptions and schedule here!
To register, please contact Merrit Reed (EFN’s Coordinator of Volunteer Activities) at (253) 584-1040 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make a donation to Emergency Food Network on GiveBIG day! Join thousands of others in donating during this annual one-day online giving event in the Greater Seattle area.
Your donations to Emergency Food Network will help provide food for our neighbors in need throughout Pierce County.
How does the Letter Carriers’ Food Drive work in Pierce County?
- Leave a bag of non-perishable food at your mailbox on May 12.
- Your postal carrier or a volunteer will pick it up.
- EFN distributes the food to our neighbors in need in Pierce County.
Other ways to help:
- Volunteer with your local Post Office branch on the day of the event to help pick up food and unload it (contact email@example.com to learn more).
- Remind the community about the Letter Carriers Food Drive by posting about it on your company or church reader board, newsletter, or bulletin board. We also have posters available you can hang up!