Volunteer on the Nourish/EFN Mobile Food Bank!
Emergency Food Network has teamed up with Nourish Pierce County to bring food to people in need in underserved communities. Visitors to the Mobile Food Bank use a small shopping cart along the center aisle of the semi-trailer to select food from the shelves on either side.
Volunteers check guests in on a computer and help each guest with selecting food. This is a perfect opportunity for individuals, students (must be 16 years old), and groups (rotate your staff or group members through one of the 5 volunteer positions each week)!
No experience required! The Driver & Volunteer Manager will provide you with orientation, training, and supervision.
- Volunteers need to be welcoming, friendly, outgoing, and non-judgemental.
- Shopping assistants need to be able to reach items on shelves at head-height and bend down to left items from floor-level.
- Most volunteer positions will require volunteers to lift up to 25 pounds.
- The minimum age to volunteer is 16.
- Computer skills are desired, though not required for all positions.
To register: Please contact our Coordinator of Volunteer Activities, Merrit Reed at (253) 584-1040 or firstname.lastname@example.org.