Do you have a passion for food justice and social services? Are you ready to bring your event experience, organizational skills, and creativity to an organization that is the backbone of Pierce County’s emergency food system? Do you want to work with a dynamic team, interact with incredible donors and sponsors, engage with the community, and have a significant impact on food security in our community?
OUR STORY: Emergency Food Network is located in Lakewood, WA and was established in 1982. In a given year we move over 14 million pounds of food and serve more than 68 partner programs. We also run an 8-acre organic farm in the Puyallup Valley that grows food for distribution to food pantries. Our Board of Directors is active and engaged and we also have an Ambassador Board, which is made up of younger professionals. As EFN grows, we are excited to welcome an Events Coordinator to our Development Team. Events are a core piece of the EFN fundraising portfolio and we are excited to expand these responsibilities into a full-time position. While our events are well-established, our hope is to add an amazing leader who will partner with our team to sustain the events and help them grow.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: Emergency Food Network is seeking an experienced, full-time, Events Coordinator who will have primary responsibility for overseeing events and executing plans based on the strategic initiatives of the organization. This includes planning, coordination, and implementation of all aspects of patron and donor related events. EFN’s annual events consist of 2 major events, an auction and 5K walk/ run (net six figures each), 4 smaller events, and other small gatherings for select donors and volunteers. Most of our events have a long history, extensive documentation, and a prescribed format.
- Collaborate with the Development Director and Event Contractors (currently in place) to implement and plan the annual auction (400 guests, 2016 net $314,000)- coordinate with auction committee, manage and enter data, coordinate with the development team on sponsorship and stewardship, manage budgets, work inter-departmentally and oversee aspects of the event
- Oversee planning logistics of patron-related events, including but not limited to: Signature Events – Abundance, Empty Bowls, Breaking Hunger and Hunger Walk. Donor events – Recognition Breakfast, as well as 3rd party fundraisers and smaller volunteer appreciation events
- Work with Development Team to track event participation in DonorPerfect.
- Work with Development Team to track item procurement through Auction-Tracker
- Work closely with staff and the Board designated event chairs as required
- Create event progress reports, budgets, and final reports as needed and assist with post-event analysis to inform future event improvement and growth
- Secure and maintain relationships with in-kind donors as needed
- Collaborate with Development Team to maximize sponsorship dollars and in-kind potential
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communication to ensure that all print/digital materials related to events aligns with event themes as well as manage related print/digital timelines
- Develop and maintain an ongoing stewardship plan for participants, sponsors and vendors
- Event outreach in the community
EMERGENCY FOOD NETWORK IS LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO:
- Brings special event and development experience
- Demonstrated ability to budget and manage income and expenses to meet net revenue goals
- Demonstrated ability of superior time-management, detail management, and prioritization skills
- Able to work on many events at once, though our event calendar is staggered throughout the year the Events Coordinator will often be working on multiple events simultaneously
- Is flexible and enjoys working in a diverse, fast-paced environment with passionate, talented and committed people
- Excellent with data management, entry, and oversite
- Strong networks in Pierce County (preferred)
- Has the ability to take initiative, work independently and collaboratively as needed
- Strong and effective oral and written communications and interpersonal skills
- Some higher education is preferred but equivalent work experience will also be considered
- Knowledge of Windows-based computer software, donor database systems (DonorPerfect preferred), Word, Excel and Outlook
- Nice to others and with a sense of humor
- A passionate advocate for access to nutritious food as a key social justice strategy
- Must have an automobile, valid driver’s license and insurance
WORK SCHEDULE: The schedule is typically 8am to 4pm Monday through Friday but due to variances in the event schedule it will vary. Typically there are 3 to 4 weeknight meetings per month and at least one monthly weekend activity.
- Full-time salary range of $41,000 to $44,000 based on experience
- 2 weeks of vacation, increased to 3 weeks’ vacation after 2 years, and 8 hours added monthly to your sick balance- benefits start after first full month of employment
- We provide medical ($500 Deductible) vision, dental, life insurance with EFN covering 100% of the cost of the employee’s insurance premiums
- EFN has a 403(b) plan and contributes 5% after the employee has been here for one full month
EFN is a collaborative, team-focused, dog friendly work space. The Development Team (which includes this position) works in an open office concept that encourages inter-team collaboration.
- Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
EFN is an equal opportunity employer. For more information about Emergency Food Network, please visit our website www.efoodnet.org.